Dear Family and Friends,
I want to provide you with an update of our efforts as we closely monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) virus. I want to assure you that we are working closely with our community partners to ensure the health and safety of our residents, staff and families. The Grand Regency of South Shore continues to follow the guidance established by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH).
To be clear, we do not have any cases, confirmed or suspected in our community. Our actions are preemptive in nature and are not intended to imply otherwise. We are committed to transparency with all of our partners and will continue to take direction from the CDC and IDPH. To that end, the following changes will be made on a temporary basis and will be updated as the CDC and IDPH dictate:
- We will be restricting visitors under the age of 18 years old.
- We will be cancelling community outings that are to congregate settings such as the store, restaurants, shows, etc.
- We are designating a staff member to focus on sanitizing common areas.
- We are asking that anyone who has been out of the country over the last month to not visit.
- We ask that anyone who is even slightly under the weather not visit.
For our residents, your housekeeping schedule will be impacted over the next several weeks as we shift our resources to the common areas.
Individually, we ask the following:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use the hand sanitizers frequently throughout the day
- If you feel ill, notify the staff immediately and self-quarantine in your room. We will be loosening our meal delivery policy temporarily.
- The CDC and IDPH have put a timeline on the current recommendations until March 18th. We will update
- everybody with any changes they request.
- Above all- Don’t Panic and stay calm. We have a strong plan in place to prevent the virus from entering our community and are prepared for whatever may come in the future.
Please let me know if you have any questions.